Useful tips Camondo Méditerranée
You are a French or a foreign student. Follow our guide to make your student life easier regarding your administrative procedures.
Students benefit from all the advantages of student status (social security, CROUS benefits, etc.) and from the State grant system (agreement of 22 November 1990 for the 5-year course).
This status applies to students in the Preparatory Cycle. However, they are not eligible for CROUS grants.
Affiliation to the general French social security system is compulsory and free of charge to all students.
Social security reimburses 70% of the cost of medical consultations and 30% or 65% of the cost of medication. In addition to this compulsory system, “mutuelles” (additional private insurance policies) can supplement this coverage so that care is free of charge.
All new students, regardless of the year of entry, must undergo a medical examination (€20 for the year).
Taking out a mutuelle policy is optional. It ensures a better level of reimbursement for medical expenses and supplements the percentage reimbursed by social security, even covering certain expenses not otherwise reimbursed.
You can only take out a student mutuelle policy if you are an affiliated member of a French social security scheme.
- This affiliation is automatic for French students.
- European students should use their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If you do not have a European Health Insurance Card, you must register for the French general system (see below).
- International and French students from Nouvelle Calédonie or Wallis and Fortuna should request their affiliation to the French social security system by registering at etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr
Finding accommodation in Toulon: download the Toulon accommodation guide.
The “Campus Toulon” student app, developed by the Métropole Toulon Provence Méditerranée, in partnership with the CROUS Nice – Toulon, the Réseau Mistral and the Maison de l’Étudiant et de l’Information Jeunesse in Toulon (the city’s student hub and information centre for young people), helps students to find accommodation and job offers, health and social information, good deals, tools to help with mobility, news and the full calendar of events held in the Métropole.
- Explore the Métropole TPM: discover the 12 towns in the Métropole and get around on foot, by bike or by public transport.
- Find a job: find all offers for internships, jobs and seasonal work.
- Find accommodation by type, size and price.
- Stay informed: follow the latest news and events at the Métropole?Health, social issues and deals: find social and healthcare support, along with advantages and deals from the Métropole’s partners.
- This app is now available on Google Play and Apple Store.
See the Réseau Mistral app
Camondo students can obtain two types of support:
- The Equal Opportunities grant
- The Crous grant